Project Engineer x 7
|Job Title:||Project Engineer x 7|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||May 01, 2018 09:03|
Network Engineer required to:
- Design and implementation of networking services that will support the clients adoptions of cloud services.
- In depth understanding of networking concepts, switching, routing, firewalling, load balancing.
- Network design and implementation across physical, virtual, cloud and containerised environments.
- Diagnosing and resolving network issues impacting the clients users.
- Creation of High Level and Low Level designs for network services.
- Experience of software defined networks such as Nuage, ACI, NSX.
- Contribution to solutions designs understanding the networking integration points in the end to end solution.
- Work closely with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders inside and outside of the the client, demonstrating good team working and communication skills
- Making sure that the recommended solution is optimal.
- Ensure that network design complies with the clients standards.
- Effectively communicating with project teams, service teams and stakeholders to deliver network requirements.
- Acting as an interface between network team, infrastructure, platform and applications teams.
- In depth networking experience, OSI Model L2-7.
- Experience in the design and configuration of networks in cloud environments, e.g. AWS, Azure, VMware
- Experience of Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization.
- Experience in configuration of stateless and statefull and next generation firewalls.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate in both verbal and written communication
- Understanding of public and private cloud infrastructure.
- Experience of working in a transformation project
- Familiar with ITIL.
- Must have existing SC clearance OR eligable
- Experience working in Government or highly regulated environments.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration Continuous delivery environments.
- Experience of DevOps
- Practical experience of Cisco ACI
- Exposure to Service Now integration
- Capture and analysis of network requirements that applications will place on the network, including bandwidth, latency, fault tolerance and access control.
- Design network services across L2-7 to meet application & users’ needs.
- Clearly document the high and low level network design and configuration.
- Ensure that network meets the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Creation of network configuration templates and scripts to repeatable automated deployment e.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation or Azure Resource Manager.
- Participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate network designs and validate proposed solutions.
- Working in cooperation with testing to ensuring the quality of the resulting services
Occasional travel to other client and partner estates may be required
Network vendor formal certification
Cloud vendor formal certification
BSc degree or equivalent, in any field
or relevant demonstrable experience
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.