The role requires that the successful incumbent has/is:
- Significant experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment, ideally within plastics, fabrication or related industry.
- A mechanical engineering qualification to degree level (or equivalent experience) with production process design bias.
- Workshop experience, Lathe, Milling and Welding.
- A proven track record of delivering results.
- Familiarity with manufacturing systems techniques such as Lean, SMED, SPC, Process loading, PFMEA, 5S, Standard work, Poke Yoke, visual management, operator maintenance, one piece flow and kan-ban material control.
- The capability to use AutoCAD systems to create tooling and layout specifications.
- The capabilities to project manage change by planning, organising and delivering results through teamwork and effective coordination.
- Able to carry out cost estimating, budgeting and capital expenditure justifications.
- Familiar with H&S and risk assessments and strategies to eliminate workplace hazards.
- Able to exploit the use of PC based systems and MS office tools to support the needs of the role.
- Familiar with the requirements of Quality Management Systems and Quality planning processes required to support ISO 9001 and to drive continuous improvement.
- Able to create standard operating procedures.
- PLC & CNC Programming Experience
- Knowledge and experience of the use of electrical and electronic control systems in a process control environment.
- Familiar with the 6 Sigma methodology of identifying and controlling key process input variables.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.