|Job Title:||Problem Analyst|
|Location:||Burton upon Trent|
|Salary:||£25000 - £32000 per annum|
|REF:||17322 / AEJ|
|Contact Name:||Anya Jones|
|Job Published:||19 days ago|
Burton Upon Trent (Onsite)
£25,000 - £32,000
GSA are currently working with an organisation based in Burton Upon Trent who are looking to bring in a new Problem Analyst. This role has become available due to an internal promotion.
The Problem Analyst role focuses on retail and online gaming product quality and has the key objectives of reducing operational burden & cost and improving product stability & availability. This is achieved through a combination of data interrogation, fault reproduction, root cause analysis whilst fostering strong relationships across a spectrum of internal and external contacts. The successful candidate will work closely with product management, platform & content development and product operations as well as account management and customers so the key is in being able to bridge the language and understanding gap between technical and commercial people.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing escalated incidents through the 4 phases of Problem Management:
- Problem Recognition – impact/frequency
- Problem Investigation – root cause analysis
- Problem Resolution – temporary work arounds and full solutions
- Problem Closure – confirmation of quality correction
- Internal and external service data and component repair trend analysis.
- Use of that data to positively influence business decision making through clear and compelling explanation both verbally and through various presentation media.
- Maintain close relationships with internal and external support groups, customers and suppliers acting as a product support champion.
- Provide expert assistance during live incident management.
- Assist in product trials offering expert advice on new product / component quality.
- Predominantly a software focused role but aspects of the mechanical performance of our products can be equally important.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong data interpretation, analytical and presentation skills
- High-level of general IT knowledge
- Methodical and logical approach to problem solving
- Tenacious, inquisitive and results driven
- Experience in Programming (Perl, Java, C/C++)
- Familiarity with Linux, SSH and shell command line
- Familiarity with network technologies (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP)
- Familiarity with database systems and SQL
- Ability to lead problem investigations and communicate with a variety of audiences
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Employee discount scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Share scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes- Cycle to work/Childcare vouchers
- Dedicated social committee
- Birthday day off from work
- Flexible working (including home working)
- Private development schemes to ensure career progression within the business
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.