The NHS Infrastructure Design team in Cardiff are looking for an experienced Customer focussed Infrastructure / Technical Design Architect with NHS experience to perform a migration from VMWare to Hyper V for a number of distinctly different services that run from two geographical sites, understanding the needs of each of the bespoke services will be key factor to the role.
NHS Experience and knowledge of applications SQL, IIS etc. is essential.
Some services may require small piece of design work which will include understanding how the service works and heavy emphasis on ensuring high levels of HA, DR and full documentation. Additionally, the role will involve understanding and documenting the Information Services department with a view to start a hardware refresh program in the future.
Migrate and or replace * 400 plus VMware virtual servers from old infrastructure onto new HyperV infrastructure. Replacement servers will require documentation and design to support progression onto new platforms Document and design existing services for the Information Services department * depends on server OS
Skills and Experience - ESSENTIAL:
- Strong infrastructure design and implementation skills
- Strong solutions design / implementation skills, include highly available site resilient systems
- Strong migration skills for legacy systems
- Hyper V
- HP / Dell storage and servers – design and implementation
- Citrix Load balancing- design
- Microsoft system centre suite
- Cloud technologies
- Business continuity application design and testing
- Ability to documentation thoroughly
- High level of NHS experience
CV Submission Deadline: TUESDAY 24TH OCTOBER @ 10.00 AM GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.