As an Desktop/Network Architect (Network and Telecommunications) you will be able to demonstrate that you can provide leadership capability to design, build and operate infrastructure services and solutions for the client.
The role also requires a high-level of hands on design and architecting of a large enterprise Windows desktop OS platform. The role includes keeping track and resolving problems in the current state architecture, defining and building the future state architecture and building the transitional architectures
Key Skills Required:
- Advanced technical knowledge of both public and private Cloud hosted and remotely administered environments and infrastructure.
- Ability to provide expert technical advice and act as technical lead across multiple technologies including both high level architectural design and “hands-on” implementation duties
- Ability to engage with technical and business stakeholders across all levels of seniority
- Proven experience in private and public cloud technical architecture and designing customer and / or in-house solutions including, but not limited to, the following technologies / concepts – Public Cloud (Azure, AWS), VMware, Citrix, High Availability, Disaster Recovery
- Excellent knowledge of application presentation principles – IIS, Published Desktop and integration with Azure, O365
- Excellent working knowledge of information security principles
- Strong understanding of network technologies such as VPN’s, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP and Load balancing techniques
- You should have experience in major desktop migration project
- You should also know about Active Directory (including Azure AD)
- You should be aware about packaging technologies such as MSI & AppV
- You should also have hands-on experience in deploying iOS, Android and Windows, mobile devices in an enterprise setting.
- Knowledge of Active Directory (including Azure AD)
- Knowledge of packaging technologies (MSI & AppV)
- Understanding of Azure IaaS & PaaS Cloud services
- Good working knowledge of processes and procedures (like ITIL)
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related discipline.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, able to look for the root cause and solve issues quickly.
- Experience planning, forecasting and effectively risk manage delivery epics.
- Experience working in a similar IT environment: IT company, development house, consulting firm etc.
- Experience working in distributed development teams preferred but not essential
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent Leadership and teaming skills.
- Desire to work in an information systems environment.
- Willingness to contribute to a high-performing and motivated workgroup.
- Interest in the development of others – coaching and teaching junior integration architects/developers to expand their skills and capabilities.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.