Network Consultant - IPVPNs / MPLS / WDM / Capex
|Job Title:||Network Consultant - IPVPNs / MPLS / WDM / Capex|
|Salary:||£500 - £550 per day|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||October 14, 2020 15:32|
- Working with engineers and architects from an array of teams with different specialisms to collate and consolidate information, driving through uncertainty to define the right technical solution. Responsible for driving actions across a large number of stakeholders, whilst challenging and arbitrating authoritatively.
- Supporting development of Strategic Plan and Budget that will deliver both target Capex growth economics and lean operating model through optimal choreography of scaling, refresh, consolidation and retirement decisions underpinned by input technology and topology choices and supporting economic analysis
- Responsible for leading what-if Network Assessments; coordinating subject matter experts, shaping and delivering recommendations to VP and Director level including rounded view of internal Capex, Opex, and Operating model implications as well as any wider commercial and regulatory factors plus impact against existing budget and technology roadmap plans.
- Provides expert guidance on development of Network Architecture, Technology Roadmap and related Engineering activities and in particular support on people, process, tools adaptations needed to adopt new cross-domain technologies e.g. remote PHY, SDN, CIN etc
- Responsible for formulating and delivering Network Engineering insight relevant to CTIO objectives that influences VP and Director thinking, drawing upon external research and internal data and analyses
- Identifies opportunities for tuning Network solutions and/or spend to optimise network performance and be able to articulate trade-offs to stakeholders in cost and quality from different scenarios
- Experienced operator with previous IT/Telecoms Core & Access IP & Transport experience, ideally gained within a large commercial environment.
- Strong technical consulting background with experience gained in a large commercial environment, including distilling technically complex matters into high-level collateral without losing critical nuance.
- Technical understanding of IP routing, Ethernet switching, IPVPNs, MPLS, and WDM
- Awareness of emerging technology & standards and how these could be leveraged in the context of drivers for cost quality and agility
- Experience of preparing and delivering high quality strategic plans and insight to executive stakeholders that include consideration of relevant techno-economic factors and implications for Capex, Opex and associated people, processes, and systems
- Experience in coordinating remote virtual teams to produce high quality deliverables in timely fashion
- Experience of applying and flexing where appropriate different strategic frameworks to achieve objectives
- Experience of influencing and persuading colleagues and teams to change established processes and achieve improvements and best practice
- Timeliness in all actions with quality consciousness towards services received and provided
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's