Network and Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||Network and Systems Engineer|
|Salary:||£200 - £250 per day|
|Start Date:||2020-01-01 00:00:00|
|Reference:||16853 / AEJ|
|Contact Name:||Anya Jones|
|Job Published:||December 12, 2019 16:46|
This requirement is working for an intergovernmental military alliance and although the UK office is based in London, this particular role would see you working predominantly in Italy supporting their European systems.
- Assists in the preventive and corrective maintenance of CSSC assets on all NATO CIS equipment based on the Central, Operational, and Deployable Service Level Agreements.
- Ensures the scheduling and tracking capability of CSSC activities in support of operations, exercises, projects static Communications Information Systems (CIS) and Deployable CIS (DCIS).
- Has a working understanding of power cabling and associated sub-systems, Grounding and bonding, copper based structured cabling,
- a working understanding of fiber based structured cabling,
- working understanding of fiber optic modems, line drivers, media convertors. - Has a working understanding of Local Area Networks (LAN) / Wide Area Networks (WAN) technologies, Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)/Internet protocol (IP), routing and switching protocols, Microsoft operating systems and LINUX server software.
- Working knowledge of Information Technology protocols and standards.
- Has a working understanding of server and client technologies.
- Microsoft Active Directory implementations, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Virtualisation and clustered environments, iSCSI, Network based Storage Solutions and Industry standard disaster recover techniques.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Pre-deployment Environments and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Good Working knowledge of system network troubleshooting techniques utilising complex and diverse test equipment and software tools.
- Experience with using Graphical User Interface and command line interface applications and the reporting of details of hardware and software installed so that configuration management records can be updated.
- Vocational training at a higher level in Computer Science, Mechanical, Telecommunications,
- Vocational training at a higher level in Telecommunications, Electronics, or Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline leading to a professional qualification and 5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience;
- Vocational training at a higher level in Information Communication Technologies (ITC) National or Military equivalent;
- Working knowledge of Local Area Networks (LAN) / Wide Area Networks (WAN) technologies, Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)/Internet protocol (IP).
- Working knowledge of routing and switching protocols, Voice over IP technologies and associated standards.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and LINUX server software and;
- Working knowledge of server and client hardware technologies, knowledge of Microsoft Pre-deployment Environments and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit;
Whilst the UK contracting market is predicted to become unstable over the next few months, take the opportunity to work European wide and away from the IR35 headache.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's