This role is to provide Information Assurance Architecture Subject Matter Expertise to support the Network and Gateway Infrastructure Towers function within the Technology Transition Programme (TTP).
The IA Architecture function incorporates the delivery of Enterprise architect, technical architecture, Gateway architecture and Information Assurance for the entire programme.
Skills & experience required
- Experienced HMG IA professional with a technical or security design assurance background, or
- Experienced Enterprise Architect with a strong background in security components and HMG Information Assurance
- experienced in Gateway architecture with technical knowledge of CISCO and other gateway technology
- You will possess strong communications, relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills.
- You will need to demonstrate high credibility, discretion, and integrity in order that you can work effectively with senior MoJ leaders and stakeholders.
- You will have basic knowledge of current laws and legal constraints relevant to IA in the Government/Public Sector IT – e.g. Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act
- You will have an analytical and creative approach to problem solving.
- You will be able to absorb new technical, commercial and business concepts quickly, and work with them.
- You will be able to obtain information from business people in face to face situations, and to analyse information obtained by a variety of formal and informal means.
- Requires good information acquisition, organisational awareness and vision coupled with technical skills to guide and communicate information assurance and security principles to the business.
- You will have detailed technical security knowledge of telecommunications/IT and current products/technology.
- An understanding of service provision within an outsourced ICT environment.
- You will have good working knowledge of HMG IA Accreditation.
- You will have a good understanding of central government department ICT systems and policies
- You will have an understanding of ICT related technology and how physical, technical, procedural and personnel security can be used to reduce risk to an acceptable level.
- You will have extensive knowledge and understanding of HMG IA standards and how they apply to ICT systems.
- You will have good working knowledge of applicable industry payment standards e.g. PCI-DSS.
- You will demonstrate leadership qualities and be capable of managing resources or a team of people.
- You will hold a current Government Security Clearance – minimum SC or willing to undergo security vetting