Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Salary:||£25 - £30 per hour|
|Contact Name:||James Hughes|
|Job Published:||September 18, 2018 13:23|
This work includes conceptual 3D layout & equipment modelling, production of mechanical detailed drawings to BS 8888 using 2D and 3D CAD. Must be able to work using own initiative and part of a disciplined team, reporting to the lead engineer.
- Minimum HNC/level 4 in mechanical engineering or equivalent with relevant associated experience
- General experience in mechanical component design, which should be supported with knowledge of contemporary manufacturing processes, assembly of parts and relevant design standards.
- SolidEdge CAD experience
- Production of detailed drawings to BS8888
- Mechanical component design of bespoke equipment
- Use of Geometric tolerancing and precision machining of parts
- Past practical experience in the manufacture and assembly of parts
- Experience in a science or nuclear environment would be beneficial.
- Production of fabrication drawings
- Basic mechanical stress calculation experience
- Practical experience of how components are fabricated and assembled
- Knowledge of working with remotely operated tooling or in remote handling environments
This role has been deemed within IR35 and requires BPSS (HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard)
To be considered for this role please apply no later than 15:00pm on Friday 21st September.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's