|Job Title:||Maintenance Technician|
|Salary:||£12 - £15 per hour|
|Contact Name:||James Hughes|
|Job Published:||7 days ago|
As a maintenance technician, you will be routinely maintaining machinery, processes, equipment and services on site. You will also be preparing tooling for machinery and recommending design and improvement works on machinery, processes, equipment and services on site. Further to this, you will be maintaining building, office and production facilities on site, including buildings and surrounds and coordinating with contractors as required.
Other duties will include:
- Carry out routine maintenance of all machinery, processes, equipment and services.
- Report the use of critical and other spare parts to allow restocking.
- Record all routine maintenance.
- Assess and recommend maintenance tasks for new and improved equipment and services on site where required.
- Train production operators in standard routine tasks as agreed with maintenance and production supervisors.
- Help assess the quality of maintenance tasks carried out by production teams.
- Carry out maintenance tasks using appropriate design, machining, mechanical, electrical, electronic, and pneumatic and other appropriate skills. This may involve accessing hard to reach parts of machines, or the use of ladders and other access equipment so a level of agility is required.
- EITHER - Conversant with mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- AND/OR - Electrical and electronic fault finding.
- Understands and employs correct isolation techniques, and is aware of safety obligations.
- Logical problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of machine construction techniques.
- Proven communication and diplomacy skills.
- IT literate and competent in the use of MS Office applications.
- Able to use CAD.
- Able to read and understand schematic drawings.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.