As a maintenance technician, you will be routinely maintaining machinery, processes, equipment and services on site. You will also be preparing tooling for machinery and recommending design and improvement works on machinery, processes, equipment and services on site.
You won’t be afraid of getting your hands dirty and working on highly bespoke machinery. Working to deadlines and in high-pressure environments, you will need to maintain a calm and efficient working style while tackling the problem head-on.
Other duties will include:
- Carry out routine maintenance of all machinery, processes, equipment and services.
- Report the use of critical and other spare parts to allow restocking.
- Assess and recommend maintenance tasks for new and improved equipment and services on site where required.
- Help assess the quality of maintenance tasks carried out by production teams.
- Carry out maintenance tasks using appropriate design, machining, mechanical, electrical, electronic, and pneumatic and other appropriate skills. This may involve accessing hard to reach parts of machines, or the use of ladders and other access equipment so a level of agility is required.
- EITHER - Conversant with mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- AND/OR - Electrical and electronic fault finding, Mitsubishi experience is highly desirable.
- Understands and employs correct isolation techniques, and is aware of safety obligations.
- Logical problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of machine construction techniques.
- Able to read and understand schematic drawings.
- SCADA experience is desirable.
- Bespoke machinery experience.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.