Lead Devops / CICD Engineer
|Job Title:||Lead Devops / CICD Engineer|
|Salary:||£500 - £600 per day|
|Reference:||17394 / AEJ|
|Contact Name:||Anya Jones|
|Job Published:||January 19, 2022 11:35|
GSA Techsource are currently recruiting for a Lead Devops / CICD Engineer working for an IT Global Provider.
The scope of the work covers the full CICD pipeline, including source code repository, configuration management processes, code scanning & security testing, and automated build & deployment.
The environment is Microsoft Azure, and the client will need to support teams developing in Databricks, Power BI, Azure Data Factory, containers & serverless architectures, and more.
They currently use Azure DevOps with Terraform, Ansible and Powershell & Python scripts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Stakeholder management, from requirements gathering to ongoing support
- Gathering requirements from development teams and other relevant stakeholders
- Researching and evaluating products to meet the requirements, including proof-of-concept testing
- Designing the full CICD pipeline and associated processes (e.g. git branching strategy)
- Documenting the proposed approach and reviewing that documentation with necessary stakeholders
- Delivery of the selected tools
- Documentation of user guides & processes
- Migration to the designed solution, providing training & support for developers
- Integration with operational tools & processes (monitoring, backup etc)
- Integration with collaboration & workflow tools (e.g. Jira, ADO)
- Managing and resolving issues with the DevOps tooling
- Development of self-service capabilities, template deployments etc over the long term
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills with demonstrable experience in technical requirements gathering
- Strong DevOps culture, with knowledge of good practices and patterns, and understanding of how code can be delivered rapidly and securely in a modern environment
- Experience of working in Agile teams, using Scrum or similar frameworks is a plus.
- Experience working in teams which are spread across different geographies, time zones and cultures
- Experience working in big data analytics, cybersecurity and/or banking is an advantage
- Must have experience in designing and building Terraform IAC in Azure
- Must have experience in designing and deploying CI/CD pipelines for application code, ideally in the big data analytics space
- Experience with DevOps for Azure Databricks is an advantage
- Fluent in at least one scripting language, and willing to pick up others
- Good understanding of Azure technology, including IaaS & PaaS services, virtual networks, availability zones and regions, etc
- Familiarity with static & dynamic application security testing tools (e.g. Sonarqube or similar products) is also an advantage.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's