We are looking for outstanding skills and must be ready to quickly get to work within an agile multi-disciplinary team of Developers, Designers, and Analysts.
We are looking for the kind of person who is unconcerned with titles and hierarchy; what really excites the successful candidate is problem-solving and the opportunity to deliver innovative technology that carries real value for users. The candidate will be expected to draw value from collaboration with others, actively seek input from colleagues and value a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
Day-to-day they will be an integral part of that team in designing, creating and improving new and existing products, platforms and transactions across government.
- Have experience in implementing APIs for internal and external use.
- Have the skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
- Be involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Be knowledgeable of tools and techniques used within the wider team, both Developers and Non-Developers.
- Take part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms, including occasional support outside of office hours.
- Have experience building server-side web applications and have detailed knowledge of HTML, Java 7, REST.
- Have an ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Have experience working on technical projects within a team.
- Have working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X.
- Have knowledge of the use of version control systems such as Subversion or Git.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Good understanding of TDD and BDD
- Have the ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
- Have knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems.
- Have experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites.
- Understand of the use of Responsive Web Design.
- Have experience of designing and maintaining public HTTP APIs.
- Have experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage.
- Understand web architecture.
- Have a working knowledge of Jackson, JAX-RS, MongoDB, DropWizard, Neo4j, Mockito, Maven and Cucumber.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.