IT Systems Engineer (VMware, Wintel, Storage)
|Job Title:||IT Systems Engineer (VMware, Wintel, Storage)|
|Salary:||£28000 - £33000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sheryl O'Brien|
|Job Published:||November 11, 2016 15:30|
£28,000 to £33,000 depending on experience.
GSA Techsource are delighted to be working with an accomplished managed service business based in Nottinghamshire, due to the growth of the business and their planned growth strategy which they have in place, they are now looking for a passionate engineer to join them on their journey.
The most important quality for this client (aside from the technical expertise) is that you want to grow with the business and not just be a number in a big corporate machine...your options and experience matter to this business and working to develop and grow the business is what makes this opportunity unique.
You will work as a valuable member of a small team delivering and developing a broad variety of infrastructure focused client solutions which will include server builds, migration projects, storage, back-up and data centre solutions as an outsourced IT managed service.
- A broad understanding of the full Wintel stack including servers, networking, storage as well as end user computing.
- Knowledge of designing, implementing and supporting virtual solutions – VMware, if you have experience with VMware View (VDI) this would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience with data migrations, data modelling as well as business requirements gathering/analysis for virtualisation.
- A sound knowledge of networking principles (LAN/WAN, Servers, VLANs, TCP/IP and Firewalls).
- As you will be working directly with the client to deliver and develop technical solutions, excellent communication skills are essential.
- Customer care is absolutely paramount within this company so you will require previous experience within a customer facing environment as well as having the patience to deal with difficult customers.
- As there will be occasional travel to client sites and a local data centre a full, clean driving licence is required.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's