IT Service Manager / DevOps - Switzerland
|Job Title:||IT Service Manager / DevOps - Switzerland|
|Salary:||€450 - €600 per day, Benefits: Depending on remote working|
|Start Date:||June 2020|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||May 13, 2020 11:58|
This role is to be based in Geneva, Switzerland, but will allow remote working during the lock down period. Rates will differ:
Remote - €450 max per day
Onsite - €600 max per day
- Proven and successful experience in running IT services;
- Proven experience in managing multi- project full CI/CD pipelines;
- Promote knowledge sharing and DevOps culture across organizations;
- Configuration management tools;
- Committed to quality standards;
- Troubleshooting complex CI/CD issues;
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and written English.
- Software development background;
- Cloud CI/CD skills, in particular on AWS;
- Ability to influence and motivate.
Software development languages and tools:
- Bamboo, Nexus;
- SVN, GIT, BitBucket, Fisheye;
- Crucible, SonarQube;
- Maven, npm;
System & application management:
- Linux server administration
- Application servers (Apache, WildFly, Tomcat, NodeJS)
- Working with containers (i.e. docker)
- Working with database systems (e.g. MySQL, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Monitoring systems (desirable).
One of the IP Portal program objectives is to establish a wide Common CI/CD pipeline to be used by all the teams that develop software for the company. Until now, the IP Portal delivered a functional CI/CD pipeline based on Bamboo and Nexus, which is currently used by over 30 projects across the organization. In phase 2 of the IP Portal program, the objective is to extend the current pipeline, onboard the remaining applications, support the existing applications, and promote a software development culture around DevOps and the use of the CI/CD pipeline. The purpose of this assignment is to manage and improve the CI/CD service, as well as advocate for a DevOps culture across the organization.
- Manage the CI/CD pipeline service by providing technical support and guidance to the teams that use the pipeline (e.g. build issues, plan updates, pipeline configuration);
- Liaise with business lines to fully onboard projects onto the CI/CD pipeline;
- Liaise with the IT Ops team to manage the CI/CD infrastructure and improve/extend the current CI/CD pipeline (e.g. Nexus artifact repository, Bamboo build server, SonarQube code quality tool, code repositories, etc.);
- Liaise with the information security team to fully align with any required security procedures and integrated any needed security tools;
- Troubleshoot any CI/CD issues;
- Promote knowledge sharing and a DevOps culture across organizations;
- As needed, implement proof of concepts and perform technical research with the goal to improve the existing pipeline and help the development teams better perform their job;
- Manage quality checking procedures.
- The above objectives are for information purpose only and are subject to change if required.
The CI/CD IT Service Manager will work closely with various technical teams to manage and extend the current CI/CD pipeline, while also provide support and guidance to the business and technical teams that use the pipeline.
Other responsibilities will include :
- Produce an in-depth evaluation report of the current CI/CD pipeline review;
- Liaise with Developers across those business lines to present the tools (and their benefits) and how to use them;
- Once a project is on-boarded, work with the Dev teams to populate the repository and maintain the system on an ongoing basis, addressing any issues and perform problem solving activities on any pipeline-related issues that the development teams cannot solve;
- Provide feedback and guidance to the appropriate forums to improve the software development and deployment process;
- Promote knowledge sharing across software development teams and work to achieve a better understanding and usage of the DevOps culture across the organization;
- Maintain an up-to-date pipeline documentation, including details about each on-boarded project, as well as produce technical reports on the various pipeline extension activities.
- CI/CD pipeline evaluation report, including improvement suggestions;
- CI/CD pipeline extensions and improvements;
- New CI/CD on-boarded projects;
- Wiki updates on the support and new onboarding details;
- Workshops and other knowledge sharing and culture shaping events;
- Technical reports;
- Documentation for the executed work.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Remote Operations Manager
Burton upon Trent
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Infrastructure Engineer - MS / AWS / 2nd Line
£0 - £500 per day
IAM Security Architect - JML / AD / Oracle
£0 - £500 per day
Voice Engineer - Remote / Cisco / Jabber / Video
£400 - £450 per day
Infrastructure Linux Engineer - Remote / UNIX
£500 - £550 per day