IT Service Desk Analyst
|Job Title:||IT Service Desk Analyst|
|Salary:||£21000 - £25000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2020-02-03 00:00:00|
|Reference:||16901 / AEJ|
|Contact Name:||Anya Jones|
|Job Published:||January 28, 2020 10:43|
An exciting opportunity to join an expanding IT support team based in the client’s head office in Lichfield where the Support Manager ensures they are working with the latest technologies as a business.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with 1st line Helpdesk/Technical Support experience to develop their skills and to keep up to date with the latest technologies.
You will be reporting to the IT Infrastructure and Service Manager and will be providing first line IT technical support and assistance to users both on-site and remote.
You will not only need good IT skills and knowledge, but also excellent communications skills in order to resolve issues in person and over the telephone. You'll also need the ability to display professional empathy and convey confidence to users will be important.
The role will involve:
- Providing appropriate technical support for all IT users and where necessary carrying out training for company employees on equipment, software or systems.
- Logging all calls to maintain an accurate database tracking all inquiries made to the helpdesk.
- Liaising with colleagues to resolve queries.
- Assisting colleagues in the maintenance and development of the corporate IT systems.
- Building Windows based computers systems and troubleshooting driver and software issues.
- Good logical and technical troubleshooting capabilities.
- Liaising with 3rd party support services to solve technical issues with software and hardware.
- Good general level of Education to include GCSE in Maths and English to at least grade C.
- Desirable to have at least one Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or equivalent qualification.
- At least 2 years 1st/2nd line support experience.
- Practical experience of Windows 10 and user account management using Microsoft Active Directory.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013, 2016 and 365.
- It would be beneficial to have experience of Microsoft Server 2012/2016 and other related Microsoft products including user management with Microsoft’s Office 365 cloud environment.
- 6 month’s probationary period with training support to achieve Windows 10 MCP certification (Exam MD100)
- Exam and training materials paid for by the client (paid for upon attainment)
- Salary review for candidates that successfully attain this certification
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's