IT Operations Engineer
|Job Title:||IT Operations Engineer|
|Location:||Burton upon Trent|
|Salary:||£25000 - £30000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2020-10-16 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lori Broadhurst|
|Job Published:||October 16, 2020 16:04|
Are you a self starter?
Are you an avid problem solver?
Do you thrive in finding a solution?
If so, GSA Techsource is recruiting for your perfect role! We are recruiting for an IT Operations Engineer for a global business based in Burton on Trent. This role will be temporarily working remotely, but you will be required to be based in commuting distance to the office. The IT Operations Engineer is responsible for the delivery of 3rd Line Support for the business’s product portfolio. This is working on the final tier of escalation for the incident resolution model. You will be expected to rectify any issue independently or collaboratively with your colleagues across the business. An understanding of operating systems, networking and database systems is necessary with the appetite to learn and expand your knowledge is key.
- Follow incident management processes
- Prioritize and resolve incidents escalated to 3rd line in a time and effective manner
- Collaborate with other teams and departments to deliver effective resolutions to escalated incidents.
- Assist with Problem Management root cause investigations
- Test and staging environment support
- A solid technical background and knowledge, and eager to learn and develop on your knowledge
- Exceptional customer service and communications skills both written and orally with a very good attention to detail.
- Fast learner, and the ability to learn and absorb knowledge on the job
- Experience supporting Windows
- Familiarity with Linux, SSH and shell command line
- Familiarity with network technologies (DNS, DHCP and/or TCP/IP)
- Familiarity with database systems and SQL
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc) would be useful
- Familiarity with Java
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.