IT Infrastructure and Services Engineer
|Job Title:||IT Infrastructure and Services Engineer|
|Salary:||£35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Reference:||16924 / AEJ|
|Contact Name:||Anya Jones|
|Job Published:||February 05, 2020 10:41|
GSA Techsource are currently recruiting for an IT Infrastructure and Services Engineer for our end client based in Lichfield.
The successful candidate will provide Tier 3 IT infrastructure and systems engineering support to the business and its partners. This position is the final escalation point for IT issues and therefore a senior technical position, requiring you to be able to demonstrate excellent technical abilities.
- Provide IT technical engineering support for networking infrastructure issues and contribute to design, implementation and security of WAN, LAN and WLAN
- Provide IT technical engineering support for servers, services and applications, both virtual and physical. These systems and services will be a mixture of on-premise and cloud (private and public cloud services)
- Advice and assist in the development and deployment of IT security across the entire spectrum of the businesses IT systems
- Working with the IT Infrastructure and Services Manager and other IT staff to develop the corporate network, systems and security as and when required
- Provide root cause analyst of technical issues and implement appropriate for business solutions
- Implementing IT projects that are defined and planned with the liaison of the IT Infrastructure and Services Manager
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the business’s disaster and recovery processes
- Carry out visits to any of the company’s locations to install or maintain IT equipment
- Create and maintain documentation of IT services and operation
- Keeping accurate records of company equipment, software and installation
- Any other duties consummate with the post and/or hours of work, as may reasonably be required of you at your initial place of work or at any other of the company's establishments.
- Configure and diagnose networking infrastructure equipment; routing and switching (Cisco and Meraki)
- Good understanding of MPLS and SD-WAN with the ability to troubleshoot connections
- Extensive experience of Active Directory, including user and machine management. You will also have to have strong knowledge of Group Polices and their application in a complexed environment
- Microsoft Server. Installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- DNS and DHCP configuration and troubleshooting
- Advanced Microsoft Office 365 in all aspects of services offered within the product (Exchange, OneDrive, Teams, etc).
- VPN technologies including
- Server virtualisation using Hyper-V and VMware
- Firewall implementation and maintenance
- Microsoft Clustering. Implementation and management thereof.
- Service Load Balancing using dedicated appliances
- Telephone System management including call contact centre use
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Knowledge of various scripting technologies including strong PowerShell experience against on-premise and cloud based services.
- Experience of using System Center Configuration Manager, Intune and AutoPilot for the provision of Desktop OS, Applications, Updates and reporting.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's