Interaction Designer – Sketch, Prototype, HTML
|Job Title:||Interaction Designer – Sketch, Prototype, HTML|
|Salary:||£377 Per Day Umbrella / Ltd – OUTSIDE IR35|
|Start Date:||Nov 2017|
|Contact Name:||Jackie Dean|
|Job Published:||October 06, 2017 11:04|
We’re looking for people with strong interpersonal skills who enjoy working in a delivery focused, Agile environment.
The right person will:
1. be able to sketch and prototype on paper
2. talk about design and ideas in a way that other people understand
3. know how to interpret user research
4. understand how form and function work together
5. know how to design accessible, secure, responsive user interfaces
6. be able to write for user interfaces
7. have a basic understanding of typography
8. know how the internet works
9. be able to work in a fast-paced agile environment.
1. be able to prototype in HTML
2. have experience of leading workshops
3. know how to remove complexity from services
As an interaction designer, you will:
1. understand user needs and how to design services that meet them
2. design user-centred interfaces and transaction flows
3. create and iterate prototypes to test and communicate ideas
4. work with user researchers and developers to turn concepts into user-centred services
5. collaborate on designs with developers
6. put forward cases for design with product managers
7. ensure that the design of services is consistent, both internally and with the rest of GOV.UK
8. explain design decisions and support a service at a service assessment
9. engage the whole multidisciplinary team with the design process
10. welcome the constructive criticism of their work and constructively review the work of others
11. contribute to cross government interaction design patterns and standards
12. contribute to the wider community of designers in government.
Work as part of a multi-disciplined team to design outstanding user focused services. Deliver designs that meet web standards, ensuring that key elements are built in from the outset. Contribute to the development and continual enhancement of products. Partner with colleagues to facilitate a consistent and excellent user experience. Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally. Have experience working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, and the ability to deliver iterative design components (including user journeys) to the development team. Have proven experience in rapid, iterative low and high fidelity prototyping/wire framing.
CV Submission Deadline: Monday 9th October at 6:00pm GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's