Infrastructure Linux Engineer - Remote / UNIX
|Job Title:||Infrastructure Linux Engineer - Remote / UNIX|
|Salary:||£500 - £550 per day|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||September 28, 2021 10:09|
This role can be fully remote.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting and administering the UNIX and Linux Infrastructure (Solaris & RedHat), managing technical escalations and driving continuous improvement.
- Provide in depth technical support and low level design activities for complex projects and operational processes as required, ensuring the productivity and effectiveness of the company’s technology.
- Design and implementation of enhancements and new services.
- Deployment and configuration of new services.
- Conceiving, managing and implementing strategic projects and initiatives.
- Monitoring core systems, propose improvements, interface with vendors for system support and functional development
- Partner with the Operational Support Teams to handle escalated tickets, providing support and coaching.
- Undertake Problem Management and root cause analysis.
- Engage in regular scheduled maintenance activities.
- Implementation and testing of disaster recovery plans, engaging in regular exercises.
- Maintain effective vendor management relations and documentation.
- The position will require occasional out of hours implementation work.
- Experience supporting enterprise services at 3rd line supporting a highly available enterprise environment.
- Proficient with Linux, preferably Red Hat, and a good understanding of Solaris.
- Proven experience in deployment of Data Centre Technologies
- A working knowledge of SANs.
- Experience supporting and maintaining VMware vSphere 6.x
- A good understanding of Network Protocols.
- Experience and practical knowledge with scripting languages and Automation – Bash, Perl, Python, Ansible
- Desire to take ownership for products and deliver exceptional service and stability to expand the business
- Willingness to learn and work as part of a diverse skillset team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, responsiveness and creativity, flexibility, ability to plan and organize
- Excellent collaboration and customer service skills
- Ability to operate independently in a dynamic environment with multifunctional teams
- Willingness to support operations and handle on-call duties as needed
- Ability to work flexibly when required
- Experience working in an ITIL environment and an understanding of key ITIL Service Management Areas
- Financial Institution background
- Relevant RedHat certification
- Experience with Splunk, F5, Squid, NGINX, Apache, Apache TomCat, Kubernetes.
This role is inside IR35.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's