Infrastructure Engineer - MS / AWS / 2nd Line
|Job Title:||Infrastructure Engineer - MS / AWS / 2nd Line|
|Salary:||£0 - £500 per day|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||11 days ago|
- Provide excellent customer service and be the first point of call for IT support queries from internal staff, this could be via phone, email, Skype, and face-to-face.
- Take ownership of tracking and remediating security vulnerabilities within a given timeframe.
- Diagnose a wide range of issues, from the user desktop environment to server applications.
- Work collaboratively with the clients parent company & third party support services on diagnosing and troubleshooting issues.
- Administer the internal ticketing system and act upon requests for change and system access.
- Be able to spot potential technical vulnerabilities and suggest resolution.
- Proactively monitor systems and take preventative measures to reduce system downtime.
- Highlight possible trends from re-occurring incidents.
- Update the internal knowledge base with both technical guides for colleagues, and system usage procedures to aid customers.
- Excellent experience with Microsoft technologies across the board:
- Active Directory and GPO administration.
- Exchange administration.
- Win10 desktop management using SCCM, WDS & WSUS
- Good general knowledge of networking and technologies:
- The TCP/IP stack.
- Concept of VLANs and firewalls.
- Wireless configurations.
- Experience in remediating vulnerabilities within a Microsoft environment:
- Scanning tools such as Nessus or Qualys.
- 2 years+ of 1st line technical helpdesk environment.
- 2nd line technical support experience.
- Experience of working within a change control environment or financial institution.
- Experience of working within Cloud hosted infrastructure such as AWS.
- Experience of working with virtualisation platforms:
- VMware vSphere and ESX.
- MS Hyper-V.
- Exposure to Microsoft Server 2012 – 2016.
- Exposure to administration of telephony platforms, ideally Avaya.
- Exposure to administration of mobile devices, ideally Apple iOS.
- Scripting ability with PowerShell.
- Strong communication and customer service skillset is essential in order to effectively communicate to the business and understand their requirements and or issues.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Ability to perform general mathematical calculations.
- Able to conduct research into issues and process failures as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergencies.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able and willing to work unsocial hours from time to time in order to provide the required service to the clients customers.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.