GSA Techsource is recruiting an Information Systems Manager to join a local authority in an exciting senior role. The position is placed at the head of a team of support analysts, ensuring mass functionality and high performance across the business. The successful candidate must be able to conduct themselves in a service delivery environment, championing a culture of continuous improvement and effective performance monitoring. As this is a management role the candidate will be expected to set a positive example, representing the client in an appropriate way.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrable experience with SQL Server
- Demonstrable experience with desktop programming languages (e.g VB.net)
- Experience with Business Objects is a requirement
- Skilled in conveying complex technical information with non-technical colleagues in a way that can be easily understood.
- Plan and deliver a programme of system upgrade projects.
- Manage all the Information Systems (these are collectively known as the ‘Applications Portfolio’)
- Ensure that all practices are compliant and aligned with industry best practices
- Control over budgets and financial strategy
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.