Help Desk Specialist
|Job Title:||Help Desk Specialist|
|Salary:||£28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Additional Benefits|
|Start Date:||2019-09-16 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Matthew Fairweather|
|Job Published:||September 03, 2019 15:31|
GSA Techsource is recruiting a Help Desk Specialist for a large trading company. You will provide technical support to users and clients, solving basic and complex technical issues with efficiency. This role is placed within the IT department and is a highly operational role, involved with network hardware and software. The primary goal of this role is to make sure that all processes and standards are maintained at the highest level possible.
A level 1 / Help Desk Specialist is the first person that is contacted by a user in need of support. We are looking for a customer service-oriented Help Desk Specialist to provide technical support to users in an efficient and accurate manner. You will be considered as the group’s front line and you will solve basic technical problems and provide support for all assigned areas. The goal is to make sure that user value is maintained to the standards set forth by the company.
The primary function of the IT department includes, but are not limited to designing, implementing, and providing daily operational support to the global company. This includes support of all network hardware and software as well as user facing desktop support.
- Serving as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance over the phone/email/mobile
- Support various products including, but limited to Microsoft software products, computer equipment, network equipment, mobile phones, telephony equipment, tablets, etc.
- Install and/or maintain all software and hardware equipment, as needed – (install, deploy, upgrade, maintain, uninstall, etc.)
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by users
- Escalate calls to next level of support, only as necessary
- Walk users through the problem-solving process to meet a positive and satisfying conclusion
- Record events, problems, and their resolution in our ticket tracking program
- Follow-up and update the users on ticket status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by users to the appropriate internal team
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- May need to provide support after normal working hours
- Proficiency in writing and speaking English
- 3-5 years of experience providing front line help desk support in an Active Directory Windows environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and documentational skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and demonstrate professionalism
- Ability to multitask with a sense of urgency while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to be proactive and able to take direction and establish ownership of problems
- Proven working experience in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and/or monitoring of various technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and current Microsoft Office Suites/Office 365
- Must be able to lift 35 lb.
Knowledge and experience in the following are a plus:
- Understanding of various scripting languages
- Understanding of various backup and antivirus software
- Understanding of various virtualization technologies
- Understanding of Citrix technologies and products
- Understanding of various market data driven software - (Reuters, Bloomberg, CQG, Future Source, etc.)
- Understanding of various MDM solutions
- Experience after hours support
Some familiarity with the following concepts, procedures and/or software:
- Private circuits, Firewalls, VMWare, SAN technology, Switches, routers, etc.
- Change management procedures
- Purchase order creation
- Wireless/VPN implementation
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.