Field Infrastructure Engineer
|Job Title:||Field Infrastructure Engineer|
|Salary:||€210 - €260 per day|
|Start Date:||2020-08-06 00:00:00|
|Reference:||17030 / AEJ|
|Contact Name:||Anya Jones|
|Job Published:||May 06, 2020 12:38|
GSA Techsource are currently working with an IT consultancy to recruit a Field Infrastructure Engineer. This is to be based in Brussels for an initial 6 month contract.
This role is to be based predominantly in Brussels, however there will be travel within 33 countries in the EU.
- Assure the physical implementation of the racks, physical installation, cabling and connectivity to industry leading standards of quality and reliability.
- Test equipment to make sure it meets our requirements.
- Support the preparation of the implementation.
- It is an added value if he is able to take ownership of troubleshooting (Network connectivity and system stability) from identification through implementing a fix.
- Make report to the Project Manager and work on the ‘Lesson learned’ way
- Working a confidential environment, so calm & mature mind is needed.
- Minimum 1 years of professional experience in ICT domains – good technician
- Direct experience in Data Center Engineering Operations, with an understanding of electrical and mechanical data center infrastructure is a plus
- Ability to follow accurate and complete support procedures, system documentation, and issue tracking entries;
- Added value to have a technical understanding of IT products for every layer in the stack, and at least :
- Virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware);
- Operating systems (RHEL, Unix, MS Windows)
- Physical Infrastructure (e.g. racks, blades, network, …);
- Network technologies (Switches, Load balancer, …)
- Knowledge of risks in datacenter are a must (using fiber, static electricity …)
The candidate will travel in 33 countries within the EU Monday to Friday.
Must hold valid SC Clearance or be eligible.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.