As Enterprise / Technical Architect, you will be accountable for on-going solution integrity and value for money, whilst managing design dependencies, impacts of change and alignment to the IT strategy.
A key focus of this role is to ensure that the required technical dependencies and integration between different delivery projects are pro-actively managed, ensuring that technical requirements are accommodated within the backlogs for each project and delivered to meet the objectives of the clients UK enterprise architecture.
- Ensure that there is well defined and understood and documented enterprise architecture that encompasses all IT delivery projects of the Business Improvement and Change portfolio
- Lead Technical Design Authority to ensure that technical decisions are made in a timely way and in line with the overall enterprise/technical architecture, such that the delivery teams are able to maintain delivery velocity
- Lead the design of technical services and identify and plan required systems integration, selecting necessary platforms and technologies to meet project requirements and user needs
- In collaboration with the Solution Architect provide technical leadership and consultancy to both internal and external development teams, ensuring infrastructure is fit for purpose, whilst meeting time and budget restraints
- Build and maintain technical roadmaps, looking ahead for future opportunities or blockers and ensuring decisions by development teams align with the strategy
It’s essential that you have:
- Experience leading technical teams and delivering user-focused services
- Experience in managing inter-dependencies across multiple projects within a portfolio
- Strong understanding of integration techniques and use of technologies, such as Enterprise System Bus.
- Strong software development and application architecture experience, with good knowledge of open source technologies, testing, database technologies and modern programming languages and Frameworks (e.g. Java, Spring, .Net)
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies
- Experience of scaling online services
- Awareness of emerging security issues
- Ability to read and understand solution design documentation
- Understand how to prioritise work in a fast, customer-centric environment
- Understanding of Agile environments, continual delivery techniques and DevOps cultures
- Understanding of how to influence senior management and communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences