GSA Techsource are looking for an outstanding Web Ops Engineer, who can make a positive impact, and want to contribute to the most demanding and exciting new digital service for the UK Government. Let’s be clear about the impact of your work - better digital services in government will change the face of public services and have the potential to dramatically transform the future of millions of people. Your main responsibility in this role will be to build and maintain automated deployment processes and administer cloud based infrastructure.
You will be leading a team of Dev Ops/Web Ops engineers, providing knowledge and support to the wider team. You will be required to share on-call duties where necessary.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Expertise in web application architectures
- Experience debugging a multi-server service
- Strong scripting or basic programming skills
- Good knowledge of network protocols, including: TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL etc.
- Experience working in a cloud environment
- Experience with configuration management tools (at least one of Salt, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience deploying web services or developing web applications in Ruby or Python
- Experience administering AWS and Windows servers
- Knowledge of version control (such as GIT or Subversion)
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.