GSA Techsource are looking for multiple outstanding DevOps Engineers, who can make a positive impact, and want to contribute to the most demanding and exciting new digital service for the UK Government. The role primarily entails improving the reliability of digital services, reducing operational costs and risks through automation. The successful candidate will be able to work as part of a team, communicating effectively and efficiently.
Day-to-day they will be an integral part of that team in designing, creating and improving new and existing products, platforms and transactions across government
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Writing Packer, Ansible and Terraform modules to build AWS AMI’s.
- Automating OS Builds using Puppet to DWP Security Standard.
- Building a nagios monitoring system via puppet and installation of agents.
- Training of Linux, Puppet and shell scripting to other members of the team.
- Migrating old legacy applications from Solaris to Redhat Linux within AWS.
- Assure quality and reliability of automation for business applications.
- Provide specialist expertise and technical support to development projects.
- Coach and mentor the team to reach targets and meet expectations consistently.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.