- VSTS expert (source control, build codes)
- Powershell knowledge
- Working knowledge of building pipelines
- Agile experience (Kanban + scrum)
- Jenkins experience
Our client is looking for an experience VSTS & JENKINS expert to :-
- Provide advice, guidance and expertise to migrate our build, test and deployment tooling to VSTS with minimal disruption to our staff.
- Help them automate deployment across, development, test and production environments
- Help them migrate their current build and deployment pipeline from Jenkins into VSTS
- Configure build pipelines to support automated testing and deployments using tools including VSTS, TFS, Artifactory, and SonarQube to test code quality
- Drive adoption of continuous delivery best practices
- Write code and scripts to automate provisioning of services and to configure services, using tools and languages including Azure CLI / API, PowerShell, Python, Bash, and Git.
- Help up skilling and knowledge transfer to there service transition team
- Have a good teamwork ethic to work with current staff and onsite suppliers regarding best practices and standard
The ideal candidate for the role should have:-
- Expert level technical competence in VSTS and Jenkins
- Agile software development methodologies (DevOps)
- Expertise and resource to deliver VSTS code, build, test and deploy pipelines in C#.net, Java and Scala.
- Successfully understanding user needs and designing services to support them.
- Experience of collaborative working with existing release, development, test and business teams, including coaching and mentoring, and knowledge sharing.
- Must have strong scripting experience with PowerShell, Python or similar technology
- Experience across a range of technologies and frameworks, including Azure, TFS 2015, Jenkins, Artifactory, C#.NET, Java, VSTS, Git, Mule, Tomcat, Wildfly, DB (MS SQL), SonarQube and Scala.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment best practices
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, including management and end users, and along with excellent presentation skills
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.