Digital Dev Ops Engineer - Linux
|Job Title:||Digital Dev Ops Engineer - Linux|
|Salary:||£550/£600 Per Day Umbrella - INSIDE IR35|
|Start Date:||Sept 2018|
|Contact Name:||Jackie Dean|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2018 12:09|
Contract Length: 6 Month initial
Interview Process: Tel/face to face
Security Clearance: BPSS (HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard)
Responsible for: Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack; building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so; testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems; and supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment.
You will have:
● An understanding of common web application architectures.
● Experience in configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website.
● Experience in debugging a complex multi-server service.
● Scripting or basic programming skills.
● Familiarity with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
● A strong technical foundation in build, release and environments.
● Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier Java J2EE & .Net applications.
● Experience using: installation and management of open source monitoring tools; configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef; deploying and configuring machines in a Cloud environment (EC2, Google App Engine etc.); application deployment strategies and continuous integration; Networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, FTP, DHCP, and DNS); Virtualization systems (VMWare, Xen, etc); Operations team experience; administering application servers, servlet containers, and web servers (WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Nginx, Mongrel, Microsoft IIS, Apache HTTP server, etc); integration tools (Jenkins, Travis – CL, Go);
CV deadline: Thursday 2nd Aug @ 11am
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's