|Job Title:||Digital Dev Ops Engineer - GIT, Jenkins, Ansible|
|Salary:||£600 PER DAY UMBRELLA - IN SCOPE|
|Start Date:||until 30/12/2017|
|Duration:||Min 3 Months - possible extensions|
|Contact Name:||Jackie Dean|
|Job Published:||18 days ago|
Digital Dev Ops Engineer - GIT, Jenkins, Ansible
Must be eligible for SC Security Clearance - the client will put the candidate through SC clearance once on site.
We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer with a proven track record in software delivery to join our talented team and demonstrate a passion for Development Operations.
The DevOps Engineer will need to be technically competent, with excellent problem-solving and communication skills. They will be responsible for building and maintaining the team’s continuous integration and deployment processes in line with agreed plans and strategies for the Data Engineering delivery group, based in Euston Tower, London.
This is a vital role within the agile delivery team, to build and maintain the continuous integration and deployment processes to ensure that code can be reliably built and deployed. As a member of an agile delivery team, the DevOps Engineer will take a full part in all Agile ceremonies, and take shared responsibility for the successful completion of Sprints.
They will need to work closely with team members, so good communication is essential, but as the only DevOps Engineer in the team they will need to have strong technical abilities in order to take ownership of their tasks.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track-record of the following:
• Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
• Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, Ansible or an equivalent
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment using Git, Jenkins or similar, Artifactory or similar
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
• Strong experience with SQL, MySQL, Hadoop
• A working understanding of code and script (Java, shell scripting)
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Agile Scrum experience
Deadline: 13/09/2017 @ 12pm GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.