Digital Delivery Manager
|Job Title:||Digital Delivery Manager|
|Salary:||£550 - £600 per day|
|Reference:||17006 / AEJ|
|Contact Name:||Anya Jones|
|Job Published:||March 26, 2020 12:15|
GSA Techsource are currently recruiting for a Digital Delivery Manager working for one of our government clients based in Bristol.
The Technical Delivery Manger will own the delivery of a number of critical change projects within the Cloud Service Centre. This high profile role must be able to identify and remove obstacles to the delivery of critical outcomes within the team. The role will be responsible for the delivery management of more technical projects and activities within the team and will be expected to rapidly gain an understanding of what is required to deliver and drive this through to a successful outcome.
To be effective in this role, you will have worked within structured programme and project environments, delivered a range of services through digital / web channels and will have practical experience of agile development. You will also have supported business change, rationalisation and transformation programmes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- You will own a number of Projects/Programmes within CSC and carry out the required delivery management activities to ensure that they are successfully delivered. These projects and programmes may require the effective application of Agile or Waterfall methodologies.
- We expect you to be able to work closely with other CSC team members and other stakeholders outside CSC to identify what is required to deliver the required outcome and drive it to delivery.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of planning and risk management information to support a successful delivery.
- You will be constantly scanning ahead of delivery to identify risks, issues and blockers to progress and identifying tactics for the removal of those and clearing the way for delivery.
- Strong experience in a multi-disciplined team is critical as is your ability to clearly communicate sometimes complex technology solutions and problems in order to achieve a required resolution.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the projects have the required resources to succeed and for identifying and resolving resource gaps working with the Transformation Delivery Lead.
- You will be able to converse easily with and translate between non-technical stakeholders and technical practitioners
- You will be responsible for communicating the status of projects and programmes in flight to stakeholders
- Experience delivering projects in IT service delivery and management area
- An understanding of Public Cloud solutions and experience of delivering change programmes suing them.
- Experience of planning and executing large scale Cloud Transition and Development programmes and driving them to a successful outcome
- Knowledge and understanding of Service Management principles and processes and experience of implementing them
- You will have a good understanding of a broad range of technologies including knowledge of AWS and Azure
- Knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering elements of large scale cloud migration projects/programmes
- Demonstrate the ability to solve complex, multi-stakeholder, multi-system problems
- Be comfortable with being responsible for the delivery of significant cloud and automation projects.
- Experience of working in Agile environments
- Have experience of stakeholder management within complex organisations
- Be a fast learner, ambitions, and comfortable working in high-pressure environments
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's