DevOps / WebOps Engineer
|Job Title:||DevOps / WebOps Engineer|
|Salary:||£550 - £600 per day|
|Reference:||16971 / AEJ|
|Contact Name:||Anya Jones|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2020 17:12|
GSA Techsource are currently working with a Central Government Organisation to recruit a WebOps/DevOps Engineer based in Sheffield for a 6 month contract.
Web Operations supports the development and operation of software through tools, environments and practices. Web operations engineers will learn throughout their work by assisting in the building of a complex story. Web operations engineers can act as a technical product owner, developing medium-long term strategies for product lines – identifying, testing and championing the adoption of emerging technologies.
You will have demonstrable experience of cloud technologies including AWS, Kubernetes and Terraform, plus excellent working knowledge of Linux (including troubleshooting, scripting and automation) along with practical experience of CI/CD pipelines.
An understanding of version control with Git is essential.
The successful candidate will:
- Help build and run user-centred, open source, web systems to serve a variety of citizen and government needs
- Be responsible for automating the deployment of systems that follow standard patterns, or components of systems that are more complex
- Manage infrastructure for multiple environments through code
- Build tools to automate infrastructure management tasks
- Share knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team and community, both developers and non-developers
- Help build and maintain a diverse, inclusive culture across the development community, growing awareness, inclusivity, and balance
- Occasionally participate in 2nd line support during office hours, and sometimes out of hours (for which you’ll be paid an allowance and further hourly payment when on call)
- Experience of modern development and deployment techniques, including continuous integration and continuous delivery
- An understanding of version control (ideally with Git)
- Experience working in agile environments
- Experience defining a solution using configuration management tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt
- Awareness of how to set up and maintain continuous delivery and deployment pipelines using CircleCI, Jenkins, or similar
- Awareness of the use of containers, distributed schedulers, and minimal operating systems
- Worked with cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, Or Google Cloud in a production system
- A systematic approach to solving problems
- Familiarity with network protocols – TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, etc
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.