DevOps / Web Operations Lead - Kubernetes
|Job Title:||DevOps / Web Operations Lead - Kubernetes|
|Salary:||£600 to £650 per day – OUTSIDE IR35|
|Start Date:||Nov 2017|
|Contact Name:||Jackie Dean|
|Job Published:||October 19, 2017 17:11|
The Analytical Platform team provides analysts access to advanced analytical software (like R Studio) and sensitive data, through their web browsers.
Analysts are also able to use the platform to deploy data products, such as products developed in R Shiny.
Software runs is Docker containers, orchestrated using Kubernetes. Data is stored within AWS services like S3. The platform is just entering Beta, and so is still at an early stage of development. The web ops lead will work on the platform team, a small, in-house agile team.
They will be responsible for maintaining and iterating the Analytical Platform’s functionality to ensure that analysts receive a secure, robust and stable service.
Leading, supervising or line-managing the Dev Ops Team.
Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack.
Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so.
Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems.
Supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment.
Building and supporting a large production platform.
- Experience of running Kubernetes clusters in production
- Familiarity with the Kubernetes API and ecosystem
- Knowledge of container networking solutions such as Calico, Weave, Canal etc.
- Building and deploying with Docker using best practices
- Continuous integration/deployment with Jenkins
- Building infrastructure and configuration with Terraform
- Using AWS services and APIs including EC2, VPC, S3, IAM, Route53
- Shell scripting
- HTTP, TLS/SSL
- Monitoring and logging software such as Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana, Fluentd , Grafana and Prometheus
- HMG Cloud Security Principles
- Have demonstrable experience configuring web and application servers and possess a fundamental understanding of Linux.
- Have a strong technical foundation in build, release and environments.
- Have advanced Programming skills.
CV Submission Deadline: 23/10/17 @12:00 GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's