DevOps Engineer - London
|Job Title:||DevOps Engineer - London|
|Salary:||£450 - £600 per day|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Clawson|
|Job Published:||November 15, 2018 15:13|
GSA Techsource are looking for multiple outstanding Dev Ops Engineers, who can make a positive impact, and want to contribute to the most demanding and exciting new digital service for the UK Government. Let’s be clear about the impact of your work - better digital services in government will change the face of public services and have the potential to dramatically transform the future of millions of people.
We are looking for outstanding skills and must be ready to quickly get to work within an agile multi-disciplinary team of Developers, Designers, and Analysts.
We are looking for the kind of person who is unconcerned with titles and hierarchy; what really excites the successful candidate is problem-solving and the opportunity to deliver innovative technology that carries real value for users. The candidate will be expected to draw value from collaboration with others, actively seek input from colleagues and value a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
Day-to-day they will be an integral part of that team in designing, creating and improving new and existing products, platforms and transactions across government.
- Dev Ops & Prod Ops best practises commensurate with the build, maintenance and management of high volume transactional web sites and webs services.
- Application deployment strategies and continuous integration across multiple environments and releases using a micro-service architecture.
- Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to optimise this process.
- Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef.
- Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack with strong expertise in virtualisation.
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems.
- Administration and build of RDBMS and NoSQL database technologies (e.g MongodB, MySQL).
- Networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, SSL, FTP, DHCP, and DNS).
- Installation, configuration and management of open source monitoring tools.
- Deploying and configuring virtual machines in a hosted environment.
- Ideally the candidate will have been the lead Dev Ops, working on a major project or programme with experience in defining Dev Ops architectures, target operating models and providing thought leadership to other Dev Ops team members.
- You will have significant demonstrable experience of configuring web, application and database infrastructure in a fast moving development environment.
- Previous experience in building and supporting high volume, public, transactional production platforms and sophisticated automated Dev Ops environments is essential.
- A strong technical foundation in build, release and environment management.
- Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier Java applications.
- Good experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis-CI, Go).
- Scripting and object oriented programming skills.
- Experience with automated testing tools relevant to infrastructure integrity.
- Experience in configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website.
- Experience in debugging a complex multi-server service based on a micro-service architecture.
- An understanding of common web application architectures and design patterns.
- Good experience in network protocols and their appropriate use.
Person specification- the ideal candidate:
Flexible/adaptable. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
Takes responsibility/ownership. Proactively removes blockers to ensure that work is delivered. Is able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
High standards. Is committed to quality and is therefore willing to challenge colleagues and to constantly question their own approach.
Openness to criticism and ideas. Draws value from collaboration with others. Actively seeks input from colleagues and values a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
Strategic thinking and visioning. Able to understand and communicate the big picture and use it to prioritise and judge impact of smaller tasks and objectives.
Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems. Isn’t bound by the status quo.
Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude, even under pressure.
Considerate. Enjoys working with and is sensitive to the needs of others. Values a positive working environment.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's