|Job Title:||DevOPs Engineer|
|Salary:||£70000 - £80000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2022-01-06 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Oliver Marsden|
|Job Published:||17 days ago|
Assist with the development and maintenance of our clients Public and Private Cloud infrastructure following DevOps principles, including Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management, CI/CD pipelines, and custom automation services.
Work closely with the product teams to ensure automated delivery of systems and solutions to its customers and stakeholders. Monitor and report on operational challenges in order to identify solutions. Plan and track activities using Agile working practices while maintaining consistency with the development teams.
Research and innovate new solutions to add value and streamline existing processes.
- Supporting Azure DevOps Pipelines to ensure smooth delivery of services to the deployment target. Responding to deployment issues and working with the product teams to provide a satisfactory resolution.
- Support and maintain Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management development, predominantly through the use ARM Templates, PowerShell DSC configurations, PowerShell Scripts and Ansible Playbooks.
- Using Source Control (git) to track changes in supported code, following appropriate branching strategies and coding standards. As well as maintaining the remote repository within Azure DevOps Repos, reviewing Pull Requests from other engineers and merging changes into Master.
- Proactively maintain security standards and respond to newly identified vulnerabilities.
- Developing and maintaining Private Cloud automation and toolsets
- Work closely with the Solutions/Projects/Security teams to ensure secure, efficient and workable designs and implementations.
- Provision of out of hours (weekend and evening) support via home VPN on a rota basis.
- Coach and mentor fellow team members to spread skills and knowledge in all aspects of the technical solutions managed by the Technology Centre.
- An expert knowledge and understanding of enterprise Cloud environments…
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems
- Strong exposure and working knowledge of Linux Operating Systems (preferably Debian-based distributions)
- Azure VMs (IaaS)
- Azure Networking and Network Security Gateway administration
- Azure AD & AADS administration
- Exposure to Azure SQL (PaaS)
- Azure Automation
- Azure Monitor
- Azure Security Centre
- Experience composing and editing ARM templates for deploying Azure resources
- Automating Windows configuration management through PowerShell DSC
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps services
- Experience using Source Control (git) and a good understanding of branch strategies
- VMware / Hyper-V and similar virtualisation technologies
- Networking principles
- AZ-400 Certification
- Able to produce scripts to automate functions in line with the DevOps methodology
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in IT, with at least 2 years working in a DevOps-based role.
- Current driving license, with a road legal vehicle and prepared to travel throughout the UK
- Able to clear Security Clearance (SC or above)
- The incumbents in this role would be expected to have vendor certified qualifications for administrating Public and Private Cloud resources, Operating Systems, and mainstream products.
- Developing within docker containers and managing workloads in container management services (Kubernetes, Azure Service Fabric, etc.)
- Azure CLI
- Azure Kubernetes Services
- Office 365 and Office 365 PowerShell
- Ansible or similar IT Automation Tool
- VMware NSX-T
- VMware vRealize
- HPE Synergy
Exposure and basic working knowledge supporting LANs/WLANs built around Cisco hardware
Knowledge of Distributed Systems (in both low and high latency environments)
Qualifications in ITIL
Experience in 1 or more development languages
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.