DevOps Engineer -
|Job Title:||DevOps Engineer -|
|Salary:||£400 - £550 per day|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||October 23, 2018 12:11|
In this role you will be expected to hit the ground running and lead an agile multi-disciplinary team of Developers, Designers, and Analysts.
You’ll be the kind of person who is unconcerned with titles and hierarchy; have an aptitude for problem-solving and proactively deliver innovative technology that carries real value for users. You will draw value from collaboration with others, actively seeking input from colleagues and valuing a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
- Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack.
- Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so.
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems.
- Supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment.Using Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef.
- Deploying and configuring machines in a Cloud environment.
- Installation and management of open source monitoring tools.
- Application deployment strategies and continuous integration.
- You will have demonstrable experience configuring web and application servers and possess a fundamental understanding of Linux. Previous experience in building and supporting a large production platform would be ideal.
- Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier Java J2EE & .Net applications.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis-CI, Go).
- Experience administering application servers, servlet containers, and web servers (WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Nginx, Mongrel, Microsoft IIS, Apache HTTP server, etc).
- Some experience with unit testing and automated testing tools.
- Operations team experience.
- Virtualization systems (VMWare, Xen, etc).
- Cloud computing (EC2, Google App Engine, etc).
- Networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, FTP, DHCP, and DNS).
- An understanding of common web application architectures.
- Experience in configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website.
- Experience in debugging a complex multi-server service.
- Scripting or basic programming skills.
- Familiarity with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc
- A strong technical foundation in build, release and environments.
If this is something you are interested in please apply now or call the office for a quick chat on 01543 622407.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.