We’re currently recruiting for a leading Software Consultancy with strong design and engineering credentials. They are a team of over 150 who work to help clients achieve their ambitions.
You have an interest in the transformative possibilities of digital projects and enjoy working with people to bring out the best in them and unlock achievements. You have experience working with multi-disciplinary teams that include clients, designers, developers and user researchers. You understand and respect different disciplines, whilst helping the team function and progress as a single entity.
You have worked with smart, independent people in the past and enjoy coaching and supporting them to help the team achieve great results. You care about the outcomes that your projects achieve and keep everyone’s focus on delivering them, whilst prioritising user needs. You create momentum to help drive through uncertainty. You do all this while keeping the project within a time/budget envelope and actively managing risks.
You enjoy working closely with clients as a way to ensure project success. You’re happy working transparently and keep clients informed of the project status and empowered to make decisions. You would seek to help clients learn from our agile approach and embed it within their organisations.
Delivery Leads are responsible for the successful delivery of our clients’ projects across the full lifecycle, from inception to launch and beyond. Typical project sizes range from 50 to 1,000 days and projects span multiple sectors and technologies. You might:
- Mentor a team of eight, to support the rollout of a new VOD service for a major media organisation
- Support a team in understanding citizens’ information gaps in making their homes more energy-efficient, prototype, then build an accessible website to give advice on how to achieve it
- Guide the design and delivery of a system that helps match thousands of bone-marrow donors with suitable recipients for a national charity.
- Have a track record of delivering digital projects, including working with senior stakeholders
- Have a history of solving problems, managing risks and overcoming challenges
- Have worked in multidisciplinary teams, including directly with developers
- Are familiar with lean/agile techniques tools and principles
- Show evidence of a dedication to continuous improvement – both supporting/coaching a team and in your own ways of working
- Are comfortable taking the initiative and working with ambiguity
- Can communicate clearly including an ability to explain technical concepts to people with diverse backgrounds in a way that is meaningful to them
- Are interested in and familiar with how software is built and delivered, including knowing when things are technically easy or difficult
- Have experience in understanding clients needs and prioritising them into user stories
- Have worked in other delivery roles such as product ownership, consultancy or technical roles
- Have worked to GDS principles in the past or have delivered Discoveries or Alphas to understand and validate user needs.
- £50 – 90k package (Depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell additional days
- Up to 7 days for conference attendance, charity volunteering or morale activities each year, including a paid long-weekend abroad
- Minimal travel, with the majority of projects in London.
- Input into what you work on
- Flexible working hours
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.