Data Centre Engineer (BAU)
|Job Title:||Data Centre Engineer (BAU)|
|Salary:||£22000 - £26000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lori Broadhurst|
|Job Published:||March 29, 2019 10:29|
GSA Techsource is recruiting for a Data Centre Engineer for a global managed services business, this role is working on site at one of their clients based in Wakefield.
The Data Centre Engineer will be working within the Business as Usual team which provides connectivity for all data centre platforms.
Within this role you will be
- Responding to installation of cabling requests (cooper and fibre)
- Attending INs and faults
- Administration of client IT systems to ensure working procedures are followed
- Dealing with clients and clients customers to ensure works are delivered on time and communicated
- Arranging and attending to change records when required
- Carry out cable recovery when required
- Installation and connectivity of network equipment
- Assist with cabling installation infrastructure when required
- Travel between sites when required (Wakefield and Barnsley)
- Experience of working within a data centre environment
- Experience of structured cabling systems
- Network equipment connectivity and installation experience
- Knowledge of different data centre platforms including I-Series, Z-series, SAN to name a few
- Microsoft office product knowledge
- Health and safety awareness
Shifts and On Call
With this role you are required to work shifts and on call the working pattern is
- Week 1, 7.5 hour day shift
- Week 2, 11.5 hour afternoon/night shift
- Week 3, off. But can pick up overtime if available
Please note all candidates must have a Full Clean UK Driving License and access to their own vehicle. You must all be a max of 1 hour away from either Wakefield or Barnsley site.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's