Cyber Security Engineer – Cloud/DevOps- Luxembourg
|Job Title:||Cyber Security Engineer – Cloud/DevOps- Luxembourg|
|Salary:||€500 - €660 per day|
|Start Date:||After travel restrictions are lifted|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||April 21, 2020 09:19|
This role is based in Luxembourg, so will begin when travel restrictions are lifted. Initial 6 month basis with likely extension.
- DevOps/Coding/Automation skills within IaaS and Containers
- At least a little incident response experience
- Having done ted teaming/pentesting – the ‘attacker mindset’ will be a valuable addition
- Having touched upon SOC work will be an advantage
- Knowledge of and experience with the security elements of cloud offerings by Amazon or Microsoft, preferably both,
- Knowledge of and experience with the security elements of container security using K8s/Docker,
- Experience with cloud security automation and orchestration (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS), including cloud solutions for security monitoring and incident response,
- Experience with cloud platform integration with on-premise tools and services,
- Solid and proven experience in scripting and automation, DevOps development experience would be an additional bonus,
- Expert field knowledge of the technical elements around information system security in hybrid cloud environments,
- Previous experience with incident response, pentesting, red-teaming and SOC will be considered an advantage.
- Design or contribute to the implementation of security services in cloud, following the Commission's internal project management methodology,
- Build, integrate, and automate cloud security services with on-premise/hybrid security services and tools,
- Assist with the design, planning and architecture phases of cloud security services. This will most often take the form of contributing to ‘business case’ documentation outlining architectural options and SWOT analysis of options identified,
- Participate to the designing of the overall cloud security architecture and reference architecture templates,
- Drafting high to low level documentation in English, including regular project progress reports,
- Participation in project-related activities including, but not limited to, preparation of presentations in project meetings, dissemination materials and cloud security best practices,
- Contributing to a technical cloud security wiki.
The work will be carried out in the client premises in Luxembourg. The service provider may be requested to participate in project meetings with the team’ services in Brussels.
The working language primarily is English, French is an asset.
Planning of activities and deliverables:
- The contractor will produce periodic activity reports and a final report,
- The expected mission’s start is as soon as possible.
- Sound experience in projects that have successfully integrated cloud services to existing security services or automated cloud security service delivery,
- Rapid self-starting capability and experience with working as part of a distributed team,
- Ability to engage with technical experts but also to explain technical areas to non-technical people
- Technical documentation and technical proposal drafting skills,
- Competent communicator,
- Customer and results oriented individual,
- Good planner, able to follow more than one subject at a time,
- Proactive attitude, communicative (i.e. good listener) and customer oriented.
- Engineering or Computer Science university degree,
- Completion of Amazon Security Operation in Cloud, SANS SEC545 or similar,
- Sound experience in scripting and automation,
- DevSecOps experience,
- Experience securing on-premise cloud solutions will be an advantage,
- Experience with both Splunk Enterprise and Enterprise Security Manager will be an advantage,
- Experience designing and implementing security monitoring scenarios in cloud environments and building of playbooks to document these will be considered as a major advantage,
- Experience working with IaaS in Azure or AWS, or with K8S will be a significant advantage.
The service provider must have a solid, proven specific expertise in:
- Understanding of cloud-native technologies
- Cloud security service automation
- Kubernetes as a technology
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's