Collaboration Engineer -
|Job Title:||Collaboration Engineer -|
|Salary:||£450 - £550 per day|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||July 07, 2021 15:41|
The role is for an engineer working in the Messaging and Collaboration Engineering group. Reporting to the Head of Communication and Collaboration Engineering, the main responsibilities are:
- Primary engineering (architecture / design ) responsibility for the Collaboration platforms globally
- Maintain architectural roadmaps for key technologies and recommend strategies to deliver maximum functionality for optimal cost
- Analyse business requests and provide solutions to meet requirements
- The engineering function is responsible for engineering all infrastructure components. The platform engineering team covers several technologies so general platfrom engineering skills are required (requirements analysis, solution design/ archicture, documenation) with specific focus on Collaboariton, including Cisco Webex, Microsoft Sharepoint and Symphony Messaging.
- The candidate must be a highly self motivated team player with good oral and written skills and confidence to present to management.
- The candidate should also have a good sense of discipline for change control procedures.
- A flexible work ethic is required with the ability to form part of a multi-platform global engineering team
- Relevant industry experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in developing enterprise infrastructures which are reliable and easy to maintain
- Proven project leadership skills including providing solid project documentation
- Subject-matter expert knowledge on Microsoft SharePoint 2016/2019
- Subject-matter expert knowledge on Symphony Messaging
- Subject-matter expert knowledge on Cisco Webex (Teams and Webex Meetings)
- Advanced working knowledge of Veritas Enterprise Vault and Merge1
- Working knowledge of networking technologies
- Working knowledge of storage technologies
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies.
- Working knowledge of Linux (RHEL) and Windows OS
- Proficient in Powershell and scripting technologies.
- Working knowledge of Windows Active Directory and other core infrastructure components (i.e.Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory enterprise design principles etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication as well as organizational skills
- A good awareness of audit, compliance, change control processes and procedures. Candidates will have spent a part of their career working in a mature organization with a well-developed audit control framework. (does not necessarily need to have been in the financial sector)
- Project management skills. A candidate with a proven ability to be able to present, plan, budget, design and implement would be preferred
- Application development experience
- Platform automation
- Testing automation
- Hosted e-mail solutions.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise monitoring systems
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.