|Job Title:||Cabling Engineer|
|Salary:||£20000 - £24300 per annum|
|Start Date:||2020-03-16 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lori Broadhurst|
|Job Published:||24 days ago|
GSA Techsouece is currently recruiting for a Cabling Engineer to join our client who are a Global IT and Network services provider. The Cabling Engineer will be responsible for the installation, termination and testing of copper CAT6A systems, the installation of fibre optic cabling and the installation and testing of pre-terminated fibre optic cabling. The successful candidate will need proven experience of working in a data centre environment. Extensive knowledge of structured cabling systems is advantageous.
- Work within client data centres, carrying out the installation, termination and testing of copper CAT6A and pre-terminated fibre optic cabling systems.
- Complete installation and testing of pre-terminated fibre optic cabling
- Test equipment extensively using fluke versiv test equipment
- Provide cover for changes and movements within the team.
- When required, ensure cable recovery is carried out in all areas of the data centre.
- Manage the installation and connectivity of network equipment.
- Outside of data centres, carry out general cable installations on campus sites.
- Attend to cabling faults on different sites, predominantly at night.
- Fusion splicing experience is advantageous.
- Proven experience of working within a data centre environment.
- Extensive knowledge of structured cabling systems (accreditation's desirable).
- Experience working with network equipment, connectivity and installation.
- In-depth knowledge of a range of data centre platforms.
- Competent using Microsoft office software.
- An understanding of Health and safety regulations (ECS, SSSTS or IOSH certification is desirable).
- Aware of data centre security.
- Full UK driving licence and own vehicle is required
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.