|Job Title:||BI Developer|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus, Pension,Healthcare,Share Scheme, discounts|
|Contact Name:||Ray Adams|
|Job Published:||January 18, 2017 12:46|
The ideal candidate will have full project lifecycle
The successful candidate will be required to have strong SAS, SQL and MS skills to initially support, maintain and transition SAS reports to the MS environment. Thereafter the BI Developer will build and maintain BI infrastructure, artefacts and objects, documentation, unit testing and provide guidance to other team members and business users. The daily activities for this position include the design, development, documentation and debugging of data warehouse objects, ETL packages, OLAP cubes and reporting solutions.
You will need experience of working in the SAS arena, but have a desire to move to Microsoft technologies going forward.
Initially the role will include
- Migrate current SAS based reporting estate to Microsoft BI technology stack
- Demonstrate the ability to migrate SAS reporting into a SQL data warehouse on an MS platform.
- Design, build and manage dimensionally-modelled data warehouse.
- Work with the Data Architect and MI team to create robust, best-practice driven data warehouse designs and ETL strategies.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand overall system impacts while focusing on specific user requirements.
- Maximise the timely availability of management information.
- Advise business users on best methods of accessing warehouse resources and assist with the design of efficient reporting solutions.
We are looking for
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as reporting capabilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Be creative, innovative, pro-active and convincing in terms of finding solutions.
- Strong SAS Base
- Strong TSQL
- Ability to create and maintain reports using SAS, SSRS, SSAS and SSIS.
- SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 Experience
- ETL frameworks
- ETL design and development, preferable within SSIS
- Front-end reporting including SSRS, Power BI and SharePoint/PerformancePoint
- Kimball dimensional modelling and DW methodology
- Experience of migrating financial institutions from a Desktop to Server based Enterprise class SAS environment.
- IFRS9 and IRB MS skills
- Experience of .Net within SQL Server, Analysis Services and Integration Services (VB.net/C#)
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's