AWS Engineer (DevOps, Cloud, Linux)
|Job Title:||AWS Engineer (DevOps, Cloud, Linux)|
|Location:||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Salary:||£550 to £650 Per Day - OUTSIDE IR355|
|Start Date:||May 2018|
|Contact Name:||Jackie Dean|
|Job Published:||April 25, 2018 16:23|
These roles are outside IR35 and are 6 month contract's with possible extensions.
• Extensive experience of using, operating, patching and securing Linux operating systems like RHEL
• Extensive experience of configuration management software like Puppet or Ansible and scripting languages like BASH, Perl or Python
• Extensive experience of deploying, supporting and patching public, Cloud-based applications that are repeatable, scalable, resilient and highly available (including APIs and microservices)
• Extensive experience of modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by other engineers
• Experience of leading DevOps Engineers in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and engaging with multiple senior stakeholders
• Can identify and implement Continuous-Integration and Continuous-Delivery best practices
Leadership and team working skills:
• Breakdown user stories into tasks. Design and lead the tactics for building reusable libraries, templates and services and own the development of medium-long term strategies for products lines within your Functional and Professional Communities
• Lead a DevOps Engineering team providing technical leadership and guidance, creating a DevOps culture and implementing automation best practices. This will include coaching and mentoring your team, taking accountability for their decision-making and their professional development
• Contribute and set strategic direction for DevOps teams and wider Engineering community
• Lead the sharing of knowledge, documentation and good practice with the wider Engineering community
• Provide coaching and mentoring to Software and DevOps Engineer colleagues and peers
• Lead community discussions about DevOps best practice within Engineering
Our client can telephone interview ASAP.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.