Application Support Engineer
|Job Title:||Application Support Engineer|
|Salary:||£500 - £550 per day|
|Reference:||17361 / AEJ|
|Contact Name:||Anya Jones|
|Job Published:||December 01, 2021 14:49|
GSA Techsource are currently recruiting for an Application Support Engineer working for an end client of a Global IT Provider.
The Application Support Team is responsible for managing and supporting all business critical applications, their underlying technologies and operating systems within the company.
They are the initial transfer point for all incidents raised via the IT Service Desk pertaining to non-functional issues and take ownership of incidents in order to ascertain the root cause and provide an efficient solution for their colleagues in conjunction with other internal IT functions as well as third party service and software vendors.
• Providing technical and functional support to the business for all applications
• Triaging incidents to determine course of action
• Performing root cause analysis, document and implement solutions
• Performing application deployments in Prod / Non Prod environments.
• Performing bug fix/small change in BAU and Project environments.
• Providing design input for new projects covering possible reuse, application cooperation and deployment models
• Reviewing implementation and deployment designs
• Providing input into release planning
• Ensuring relevant documentation is supplied in order to carry out a release
• Taking ownership of releases and perform deployments to our hosted environments
• Installing and configuring requisite foundational technologies and test accordingly
• Installing and configuring applications
• Ensuring CMDB is up to date
• Ensuring application operational documentation is relevant and up to date
• Ensuring application servers operate within acceptable parameters through monitoring tools
• Ensuring Servers and Middleware are patched
- Demonstrable experience in an application support role with experience of Unix and Linux - infrastructure as well as Windows Operating systems.
- Experience with DNS/Networking
- A good understanding of security/fire-walling principles
- Understanding of server principles such as clustering
- Experience working with web servers such as Apache Tomcat
- Scripting/Shell experience
- Working ITIL experience of Release, Incident, Problem and Change Management
IIS Certificate is essential
AppDynamics, Linux, CyberArk and Jboss are desirable
The Application Support Team is responsible for managing and supporting all business critical applications, their underlying technologies and operating systems within the Aldermore Group.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's