1st / 2nd Line Support
|Job Title:||1st / 2nd Line Support|
|Salary:||£27000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||September 27, 2019 15:18|
GSA Techsource are working with a large precious metals company to recruit a Help Desk Specialist to be based in their London office.
You will be the first point of contact for users who are in need of support. Your main responsibility will be to provide technical support to users and clients, solving basic and complex technical issues with efficiency.
This role will be working within the IT department and providing support to the network hardware and software as well as user facing desktop support.
- Support various products including, but limited to Microsoft software products, computer equipment, network equipment, mobile phones, telephony equipment, tablets, etc.
- Install and/or maintain all software and hardware equipment, as needed – (install, deploy, upgrade, maintain, uninstall, etc.)
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by users
- Escalate calls to next level of support, only as necessary
- Walk users through the problem-solving process to meet a positive and satisfying conclusion
- Record events, problems, and their resolution in our ticket tracking program
- Follow-up and update the users on ticket status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by users to the appropriate internal team
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- May need to provide support after normal working hours
- Proficiency in writing and speaking English
- 3-5 years of experience providing front line help desk support in an Active Directory Windows environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and documentational skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and demonstrate professionalism
- Ability to multitask with a sense of urgency while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to be proactive and able to take direction and establish ownership of problems
- Proven working experience in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and/or monitoring of various technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and current Microsoft Office Suites/Office 365
- Must be able to lift 35 lb.
- Private circuits, Firewalls, VMWare, SAN technology, Switches, routers, etc.
- Change management procedures
- Purchase order creation
- Wireless/VPN implementation
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's